A warm reception

This is my view of the atrium area of the Living Arts Centre in Mississauga, Ontario. I was there tonight to attend a financial seminar organized by our bank. Afterwards, people gathered in the atrium for a reception.
I found a corner and sat down with a drink and tried to sketch out my impression of the space. The glittering hall is dominated by a large, curved glass wall that dominates the entire side of the building. The theatre entrances are opposite (not shown). A staircase rises on the window side, while a glass-enclosed elevator is at the far end.

The Living Arts Centre was built in 1997 and hosts a variety of artistic and cultural events throughout the year. It features two separate performance venues, Hammerson Hall and the RBC Theatre. Singer Amy Sky will be performing this coming Saturday night.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I work in the Marketing Department at the Living Arts Centre and I just wanted to say that I love your sketch! Thank you for such a positive review of the Living Arts Centre.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Jessica. It's a great facility and it was a pleasure being there last night. I found the energy in the atrium special at night and I felt compelled to tell others about it! I'm flattered.

    Best wishes,
    Renato.

    ReplyDelete