The "Desert Fox"

This is my attempt at drawing Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, the legendary World War II commander. I'm reading a book about the "Desert Fox." He was in charge of the German forces in North Africa and was considered the most able commander in desert warfare. He was respected not only by his troops but also by the Allied troops who opposed him.

In the drawing I've not managed to reproduce the essential energy of the man as shown in some photographs. And, for some reason, to my eyes he looks a bit like a British officer here. This I cannot explain.

I wonder: did I subconsciously superimpose the semblance of another famous desert fighter, World War I legend Lawrence of Arabia, in the drawing?

2 comments:

  1. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, "Smartphone"
    It's always gratifying to know someone is reading. I appreciate the comment.

    I had trouble connecting to your site, but I will keep trying.

    Regards,
    -Renato

    ReplyDelete