Winter's solace

Here we are, in the middle of winter, and my dad shows me this photograph he took the other day from his apartment window. I'm not sure if you agree, but this bench in the snow is not just a bench in the snow. The photograph conveys meaning.

Read into it what you will, but to me it speaks of hope, of friendship, of peace.

The image led me to some other thoughts:

There is no need to go to India or anywhere else to find peace. You will find that deep place of silence right in your room, your garden or even your bathtub.
-Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance.
-Unknown

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
-Unknown (often attributed to Albert Camus)

Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.
-Victor Hugo


These leaped out from The Quotations Page.

Thanks to D. David Zane for his picture.
Look for more of his photographs in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment